ChildFund (CF) Indonesia is an international child-development agency working in 33 countries to create lasting and meaningful change in the lives of more than 10.5 million vulnerable, deprived and excluded children, families and communities, regardless of race, creed, gender or national origin. In Indonesia it has been operating for 34 years, since 1973 in areas where the need is the greatest and currently reaches out to 900,000 children and families in partnership with 50 local NGOs spread across 8 provinces.CF Indonesia is currently seeking: Position : Area Team Finance Officer
Reporting to : Area Team Coordinator
Term of Contract : 2 months with possible extension Key responsibility:
To assure, and contribute to the successful achievements of the Area Team goals and objectives in implementing CF mission in Area 2 (DIY, Central Java) by ensuring quality financial management in projects. Description of responsibilities :
1. To ensure that the projects receive funds due to them on timely manner, including verifying and recommending disbursement of special requests of held subsidies, NSPs and other funding sources. As appropriate discuss and recommend subsidy holding.
2. To assist program function and Area Team Coordinator in determining best use of funds received by project in budget planning and review.
3. To review financial reports from projects and to analyze trends, irregularities and other significant symptoms for operational and strategic decisions on project operation.
4. Ensure proper use of funds in compliance to financial policies through training, supervision and perform internal audit. Provide summary to findings to Finance & Administration Manager in designated format.
5. Develop schedule for projects external audit, coordinate its implementation and communicate findings to all concerns for appropriate follow up actions.
6. Compile monthly balance of projects' account to be submitted to Finance & Administration Manager.
7. Advice projects on financial issues such as transfer irregularities, held subsidies, acknowledgement of receipt of project payments to CF, etc.
8. Assist Area Team Coordinator on cash-flow management for projects.
9. Communicate achievements, problems and issues on financial matters to all AT members and bring to the attention of Area Team Coordinator on issues requiring immediate attention.
10. Provide operational and strategic inputs to Area Team to ensure optimum project operation and more appropriate development of Country Office (CO) strategic plan.
11. Coordinate on regular base with program and Sponsor Relation functions to ensure optimum projects implementation.
12. Maintain a good filing system for financial records for Country Office (CO) and project audit according to the filing policies. Ensure that Area Team members understand the system.
13. To do other duties as assigned by Area Team Coordinator and/or National Director.
• Education Degree (S1) in Economics/Accounting with at least 3-4 years in the similar position;
• Has a strong background & experience in accounting & administration system, audit, monitoring and evaluation, preferable with NGO/INGO and/or audit firm.
• Has a good field experiences (dealing and working closely with local partner/NGO, Training/capacity building, etc).
• Willing to be assign in CF field area team
• Has a good knowledge, understanding and experience in the bookkeeping (G/L, TB, BS), monitoring advances, payables, income tax computation, etc
• Familiar with the accounting software
• Very Good analytical skills.
• Good English Communication (Reading, Writting and Speaking).
• Good computer skill ( MS. Word , Excel, and Email )
• Detailed Oriented, honest, highly responsible, reliable and Team Player. Please transmit CV and cover letter (in English) with the post title on the subject line explaining why you are qualified for these positions to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business day of April 6, 2010. Please put in the CV your CURRENT or last salary/benefits amount and EXPECTED salary/benefits for this position. CF URGENTLY needs to fill in these vacancies. Short listing and interview decision will be taken AS SOON AS AN APPLICATION IS RECEIVED and a CANDIDATE CAN BE SELECTED BEFORE THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION