Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) established in Birmingham, UK in 1984. It seeks to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development programmes. At present, Islamic Relief supports some initiative sectors such as Shelter, Water and Sanitation, Health and Nutrition, Livelihood, Orphans, Education, and Disaster Preparedness and Response in Pariaman, West Sumatra.
Islamic Relief urgently seeks a motivated person to join with us in Pariaman, West Sumatra for position of:
1. DRR Assistant
Key Roles/Responsibilit ies:
1. To carry out the baseline survey and disaster risk mapping studies in supporting the
development of risk reduction work plans
2. To transfer the DRR training implementation for community and school in the targeted areas,
3. Work closely with community and school committee level frequently
4. Liaise with other NGOs, relevant government agencies and other stakeholders to ensure a coordination of effort and lesson sharing in the field.
5. To perform other responsibilities related as requested by line manager.
Skill and qualification required:
· Degree in development, social science or related field
· Computer literate with fluency of using Microsoft Word, Excel, and internet and email packages
· Good written and spoken Bahasa/Indonesian and English is an advantage.
· Demonstrates qualities of oral and written communication skills, cultural sensitivity, and ability to work in team.
· Proven ability to work under pressure in a potentially unstable security environment, with difficult living conditions in the field
· Ability to write reports and a willingness to share information
· Previous experience in the same field is advantageous
· Willing to be based in Pariaman and has a driving license (motorbike)
· Able and willing to travel to community areas in Pariaman
· Able to understand about the important of placement rotation
· Commitment to the aims and beliefs of Islamic Relief and able to represent organization
· Candidates who are from West Sumatra will get special preference for this position.
If you meet the above requirements kindly send your detailed CV with recommendations from 2 referees, to:
Closing date: 25th April 2010